Diocese and Bishop
Archdiocese of Toronto – Archbishop Thomas Collins
Meeting Times and Location
Club meetings are held at St. Joseph the Worker Church, 1100 Mary St. N., Oshawa, on the first Wednesday of each month. The Serra Meeting starts with Mass in the Church at 7:00 pm, followed by a light meal and Guest Speaker in the Church hall.
Annual dues of about a dollar a week helps to support Serra International and the Canadian Council.
Annual Club Activities
ALTAR SERVER’S AWARDS
A Serra event that rewards Altar servers for their faithful service to the church – while creating awareness among the young that priesthood and religious life is an attractive and rewarding vocation, worthy of their prayerful consideration.
THE TRAVELLING CHALICE
Each Sunday, at the end of mass, the priest presents a chalice (or crucifix) to a pre-selected family, to take home for the week, to use as a focus for family prayers – with a special emphasis on vocations.
Graduating Seminarians and other clergy are honoured at a gala public celebration dinner that encourages support for all religious vocations. It’s an excellent forum for raising community consciousness about the need for more church vocations.
A PRIEST’S PORTRAIT
Serrans donate a suitably inscribed framed picture of a recently ordained Priest to the High School he attended. A special vocation Mass for students accompanies the presentation acknowledging the unique achievement of the honoured alumnus.
List of Officers
- Club President: Fred Tuccia
- Past president: Carole Zedic-Osier
- Secretary: Evelyn Hunter
- Treasurer: Tricia Rose-Bodnar
- Vice President Elect: vacant
- Vice President for Vocations: vacant
- Vice President for Membership: Joe Bodnar
- Vice president for Program: vacant
- Vice president for Communications: Monique Beaudoin
- Bishop Altar Server Awards: Carole Zedic-Osier, Bruno & Toni Komel
- Chaplain: Fr. David Bollo