The Serra Foundation was founded in 2002 to support Serra International’s work for vocations in the Catholic Church in Canada.
What Kind of Projects Does the Serra Foundation of Canada Support?
The Serra Foundation of Canada is part of Serra International, a world-wide movement joined to the Sacred Congregation in Rome which is committed to following the Church’s Magisterium and the authority and guidance of the Pope. Serra Foundation of Canada grants will only be awarded to applicants who have established they are committed to following the Church’s Magisterium and the authority and guidance of the Holy Father.
The Serra Foundation of Canada exists to provide resources to further the vocation objectives of Serra International in Canada:
- to fund programs that foster and promote vocations to the ministerial priesthood of the Catholic Church in Canada as a particular vocation to service, and to support priests in their sacred ministry;
- to fund programs of formation for men and women in consecrated religious life in the Catholic Church in Canada;
- to enhance the recognition of Serra International and Serra in Canada as the lay apostolate for vocations in the Catholic Church
The Foundation does not make donations for: deficit financing, private foundations, land, buildings, or annual operating expenses. Programs that offer some potential for involving local Serra Clubs may receive some priority.
Application Procedures and Review Guidelines
A grant request must be submitted on the Foundation’s Grand Request application form and to include supporting material and information as deemed appropriate and helpful to the request. Applications are to be sent (using regular mail or e-mail) to the Foundation. A personal discussion or presentation is not necessary. A condition may be imposed on the grant request for progress reports.
The Serra Foundation of Canada Board of Directors approves all requests for grants after considering the applications before it.
Priority is given to projects that fully meet the vocation objectives of Serra International. It should be noted that because of limited funds not all projects can be funded.
The Objectives and Purposes of Serra International are:
- To foster and promote vocations to the ministerial priesthood in the Catholic Church as a particular vocation to service, and to support priests in their sacred ministry,
- To encourage and affirm vocations to consecrated religious life in the Catholic Church, and
- To assist its members to recognize and respond in their own lives to God’s call to holiness in Jesus Christ and through the Holy Spirit.